Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hobby Horse, an impromptu craft


The other night A saw a cartoon where the kid on it had a hobby horse, and he was enchanted by the idea.








Crafty mama and her trusty glue gun to the rescue!



I gathered some fuzzy fabric, some buttons, yarn, and a dowel rod...


Cut out 2 face sides, and a few strips for around...

And glued...strips to one face side, all the way around, joining a new length when the other got to the end...

Then glued the other side on, leaving a gap at the bottom for turning. I flipped the head right side out, and stuffed it firmly with polyfil. I stuck the dowel into the hole, making sure it was as far in as it could go, and surrounded by the stuffing. I then glued the head to the dowel all the way around the opening.

I tied little tassels of yarn for the mane, and triangles of fabric for the ears, and sandwiched them in the fabric strip that. Runs along the back of the head

I tied a larger tassel to a nail placed in the 'back' end of the dowel, then added a dollop of glue to make sure it was really secure...

And off he galloped!



(please pardon the fuzzy pics! This is my first post via iphone app! LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment