Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fun at Johnny Appleseed Days!

This weekend was our local apple festival, Johnny Appleseed Days. Locals come out in droves to consume insane amounts of fresh baked apple pie, visit the food vendors and the artisan fair, and enjoy some great live music. We had quite a day! Being a musicians family, we spent most of the day on the hill overlooking the stage. The kids LOVED it...





The best babysitter in the world...a nice steep hill! The kids rolled for hours! They would roll, stop for a bit, roll some more. It kept them well occupied!

Photobucket
M, R, A, and B rolling and playing on the hill.
A says "The best thing was rolling and rolling and rolling down the hill!"


N sat on the hill watching the music...she hates to have her picture taken...She refuses to smile if she even suspects there is a camera in the area! I don't know why, she is such a lovely girl. It must be the age...just on the edge...almost a teenager...oh my!! I LOVE the top shot, though...ah...my Moon...she reminds me so much of my mother!

Photobucket
N watching the music.
K and P were out with a couple of their friends most of the day...out of mama's hair, but with the walkie-talkie and in constant contact with mama bear!! (and they can't get ENOUGH of the camera...dyk just how many of their 'self portraits' I have in my photo files?? LOL)

Photobucket
K and P, the hams ;)
We met some interesting people...

Photobucket
Superheros?

and M made a new friend...

Photobucket
M and her grasshopper buddy.

We watched my father-in-law's band Cross Connections...

Photobucket
Cross Connections

and my husbands band Looking 4 Eleven...(he's the one with all the hair, lol)

Photobucket
Looking 4 Eleven

B played an endless game of peekaboo with mommy...

Photobucket
Peekaboo!!!

We played carnival games...no pictures of those, mama needed both hands to help the 3yo, LOL! We browsed the artisans booths and stopped at our favorite wooden toy maker. B got a helicopter! We all got a little too much sun...and you know what...we didn't have a single apple (or any pie!!)!

5 comments:

  1. Awwww! What a fun day!I loved the rolling down the hill pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a blast...but my feet hurt! Chasing an 18 mos old up and down a hill for 5 hours...in clogs, because I couldn't find my boots...ouch! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those guys keep us on our toes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the part about "he's the one with all the hair". Hell, the other two hardly have hair, and one is bald. Having fun reading your blog. Its like knowing what's been happening with all the grandkids. What movie did they all watch? Xoxo Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steph's little ones had the movie night...not sure what they watched :D Her kidlets are adorable. She has 9 now!! ♥ her! :D

    ReplyDelete